Tips on how to become an estate agent
– Know your local area – take time out to understand the market – local businesses, transport links, shops, schools etc you operate in
– Have passion, enthusiasm and energy
– Be driven and fearless
– Be helpful, and have excellent customer service skills,
– Have a real interest in properties and all aspects – even if they work in a different department. i.e sales should know lettings and vice versa
– Excellent communication skills are a must
– Be self motivated and work independently
– Self review activities and what you have achieved every hour
– Being commission based it’s integral to take ownership of results whether positive or negative
– Go the extra mile – be dedicated and work beyond your hours on occasions
Aimee Bruce, our Area Lettings Manager, had always had a keen interest in property, and loved looking online to see what was available, even offering to search on behalf of friends who were looking as I enjoyed it so much. She was offered a job at an independent letting specialist based in Richmond/Chiswick/Twickenham and started out as a trainee negotiator, taking a slight step back in her career with the view that this was going to be a career she would develop. From day one she loved the role, finding that her days were flying by as she was out on viewings and getting deals. She quickly progressed to Senior Negotiator and then was made the Manager of her own branch in Chiswick after 3 years, and stayed with this company for 10 years. She learned an incredible amount about the lettings industry. When the business was sold, she wanted to move to an agency that had the same values and ethos of her previous firm – a commitment to customer service and integrity – and Northfields offered exactly that.
If you are looking for a job in property see our current vacancies.