Ealing Hour is something that takes place on Twitter where one hour is dedicated to people who tweet about Ealing. Every Tuesday from 8-9pm anyone who would like to tweet about Ealing related topics can join the Twitter conversation using the hashtag #ealinghour. Using the hashtag allows all the other Ealing tweeters to find each other.
Part of the challenge of Twitter is that you never know when the people you want to talk to and influence are going to be active, but with #EalingHour it focuses a lot of attention on one time when you know that a large number of people who are also interested in Ealing will be actively engaging on Twitter using that hashtag.
Well not to sound too obvious but you can talk about anything related to Ealing. That could include:
- Raising Issues that concern you about Ealing
- Promoting special events happening in Ealing
- Offering promotions, special offers or discounts in Ealing
- Telling people about news related to Ealing
- Letting people know about your services, products or businesses that are available in Ealing
- Sharing photos of Ealing or Ealing based people
- Asking for recommendations for services based in Ealing
- Connecting with other like-mind Ealing-loving people, making new friends or business connections
You can and should retweet the tweets from other #EalingHour participants. This way we can spread the Ealing love and find new followers who are also passionate about our little pocket of West London.
Jump onto Twitter every Tuesday between 8-9pm and tweet something Ealing related. Be sure to use the hashtag #EalingHour. Don’t just tweet though – respond to other #EalingHour tweeters. Retweet their #EalingHour tweets and try to be supportive of other Ealing tweeters.
Everyone needs to use the designated hashtag #EalingHour to be part of the fun. You can use several tools to help you find #EalingHour tweeters and to better follow the conversation.