We'd like to welcome back to the Northfields blog, our guest blogger Revealing Ealing – last time she impressed us with her take on where to wander in Ealing for hidden treasures, this time she reveals where to treat your mum on Mother's Day.
This year Mother’s Day falls on 15th March and let’s face it, that’s pretty soon….errr it’s this Sunday!
So, if like me, you haven’t sorted anything out yet, don’t panic because Revealing Ealing has a list of places that should appeal to everyone, make the special lady feel thoroughly spoilt AND no washing up!
Right. Kids, Dads, pay attention!
As it is a Sunday, I thought we could kick off with some pub options
- The Star & Anchor (www.starandanchor.com) is one of my favourites. This stylish pub, on the Uxbridge Rd in West Ealing, not only has a great range of wines and drinks, it also does a fantastic roast. This Mother’s Day, in addition to the delicious roasts on offerthey have a special menu including potato & thyme crusted seabass, pan fried duck breasts and Devon crab linguine with 2 courses £15.95 and 3 courses £19.95 food is served from 12pm
- The Grange (www.grangeealing.co.uk) is nestled away next to Ealing Common in one of the many pretty parts of Ealing and was my first local. Famous for their Sunday lunches, on Mother’s Day they will be offering 4 roasts including a 9 hour slow roast pork (drool!) a fish option and, of course, a kids menu.
- One over the ait (www.oneovertheait.co.uk) is a relatively new discovery for me, tucked behind the riverside apartments on our side of the Kew Bridge, this one is a little bit off the Ealing map but their Mother’s Day offering is more than worth the trip. As well as a menu of roasts, spring inspired dishes and yummy puddings, each Mom will get a hyacinth bulb and a chance to win tickets to a Fullers exclusive event – Shakespeare in the Garden. So, if you do forget to buy the special lady a present, One over the ait will make up for it with fantastic food and a lovely gift.
Moving on from the pubs, here are some fantastic offers from a few Ealing favourites
- Casa Roberta (www.casaroberta.co.uk) isn’t the longest serving Italian restaurant in Ealing, but has a loyal following and is the proud owner of a 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. They are going to offer a 3 course meal, including a Mimosa, for £19.99 (£7.50 for kids) which will be finished off with kids decorating cupcakes as a little gift (edible gifts are always the best) to go home with, or eat with your espresso – yum!
- Maggies, with their tunes and cocktails, is always top of my list and this Sunday they will be giving any Mummy a free drink (a cuppa / juice whenever or a Prosecco after 12pm) with any meal. If you are one of the lucky Mummy’s to be taken here, my top tip is to twist the arm of whoever is paying the bill and get them to upgrade the Prosecco to a Porn Star Martini (you won’t regret it)
Venturing west from Maggies down the Uxbridge Rd, we have two very different offers that would be sure to make my Mum happy
- Sumo Sushi (www.sumo-sushi.co.uk) will be letting Mums eat free! All you need to do is dine in at their restaurant and place a minimum order of a starter and a main – how fantastic is that?
- The Clocktower Café (www.theclocktowercafe.co.uk) will be hosting a champagne brunch from 9:30am -2:30pm and then afternoon team from 2:30 – 5pm. Afternoon tea will be £14.95 but you can pay £22.50 if you fancy adding a glass of fizz (and who wouldn’t?) oh and there’s a live piano – divine!
So, there you have it, a lovely selection of fantastic things to do this Sunday to spoil the mummy’s of Ealing. I think there’s something for everyone and I would love to hear about what you end up doing, so let me know on Twitter @RevealingEaling x
What (or who) is RevEaling?
RevEaling is an online love letter (Ok it’s a blog, but love letter sounds a lot more interesting) and it is dedicated to talking about eating, drinking, shopping and all the other things I enjoy about Ealing (W5 & W13).
I love to hear from people, so you can contact me here
Email [email protected]
Thanks so much to Revealing Ealing for giving us the best ideas for spoiling Mum this Sunday!
If you are thinking of moving to Ealing, contact Northfields on 020 8740 6622, we'd love to help you start your search for a new home in our borough! Or Tweet us @Northfieldslive or contact us via our Facebook page.
Whenever or wherever you need us, we're there to help you make your big move!